Thursday, January 18, 2007

One more time...!!!

I have used the computer for longer than most people out there (18-19 years now), and still I have no mastery over any “computing” .
I can’t program to save my balls, I have dabbled with audio, video, and other media tools but can claim mastery over nothing, I am not a great gamer(in fact I pretty much suck at most of them). Hell I don’t even use all of MS Office…

In fact, the only thing that I can claim to have some hold over is the internet, I have surfed a LOT… I have always been fascinated with the latest on the internet. MSN, Yahoo, Rediff, Indya… I just HAD to have an account in nearly every email service launched
If there was something new somewhere… I had to see it, experience it and form my own view on it.
Chatting, community sites, Blogging, ftp transfers, drop sites…
I really wanted to be the “been there, done that” kind of Net traveler…

Over a period off time, I came to realize that though I had conquered everything, I owned nothing, much like Alexander (the Great) realizing that the lands he had conquered were not really under his “rule”.

So, here I am, ready to begin again…
I intend to blog regularly, learn to blog it right this time.
I intend to learn one tool at a time, and more importantly to USE it (a tool is meant to be used after all).

What, then, can you expect to see here…???
Ohh loads of crap I say!!!
I want to write about….
Automobiles (of which I have some understanding)
About Understanding… (and it’s underlying philosophy)
About Philosophy (of which I know jack shitt - BTB… did you hear the one about Jack Shitt and his Brother Deep Shitt..?? nahin..?? ohh… maybe some other time… :( )
About Jack Shit… (and cow dung - that’s the female form of bull shit :P )
Management theories (others and my own :))
Well you get the idea…

In fact, I will hold forth with my theories on nearly everything!!! And then some more…
For what it is worth, I will criticize and/or praise anything that catches my fancy.
I will blabber on… making you contemplate your deep love for me that is making you read this blog.

2 comments:

Domestic Avalanche said...

Hey man,


good work.. keep on in it...

Also, its amazing that u've been using a computer for 19 years.

At the time i was probably 5 or 6 and was learning how to hunt squirrels using a slingshot.

cheers

And the first instance of me ever seeing a computer was 1992 i guess when i saw one in a home that I visited,

I started using in 93 I guess, which in fact could not be called 'using' . The school started a computer lab and I was forced to learn BASIC programming. Was fun.

Oh your just mentioning of it has opened so many stuff.

Anyway blogging is amazing, keep on blogging, I will keep track of it.

cheers
Issac

Unknown said...

Thanks Issac... Yea 19 years is a long time.. which is what make me wondering... what exactly was i doing all that time..?? :P
DO keep dropping by... you will see a lot of activity till i get into my new job
Ohh BTB... i quit my job :P